Yikes! Man do I owe you all an explanation. I overlooked some critical emails regarding the site hosting and, long story short, the site was dead for many months. Honestly, it was oversight combined with procrastination–I kept getting frustrated at technical challenges and set the website aside. Mea culpa.
Sooo much has happened since I last abandoned you all:
- My modern-day Thunderbird story, “A Thunder Note in an Angry Sky“, was named 1st runner-up in the 2017 Texas Observer fiction contest! First time a first draft of mine has ever been accepted! Click the title to read it for free.
- In January 2018 I learned to my great thrill that my space detective noir tale, “The Case of the Lonely Mote”, was accepted into the very cool Wavelengths anthology. It had *almost* made the cut in a prior publication so I had a feeling it would find a home. If you enjoy quirky SFF, especially oriented around language and culture, you need this anthology! Note: rated R.
- Late March of 2018 I received the amazing news that my alternate ending short for the classic Frankenstein novel will be published this year! So in October look for the “We Shall Be Monsters” anthology containing my “Sins of the Father”. I’m especially proud of this one for garnering one of the coolest rejections ever for me: the editor said I captured Mary Shelley’s narrative voice! She’s a hero of mine so that was a high honor. So thrilled it found a home! See if you can guess what’s up when you read it. I’ll touch on details later.
- In May of 2018 another of my “future flooded Earth” stories was named a runner-up in the 2017 Ouen Press “Taste” short story competition! You can grab the anthology containing “Taste of the Broken Sea” here on Amazon. More also on this story in a later post.
- I’ve expanded an ~11000 word short, “Eidolon Prime”, into a ~20000 word novella to meet requirements for two exciting opportunities. I’ll keep you informed!
- My dystopian novel “Solid State Drive” hit 50,000 words recently. I’m hoping to get it up to at least 60,000 when it’s done. It’s taken a bit of a backseat to the shorts and novella, but I’ll be switching gears soon to get it back on track.
- And of course, more shorts percolating…
Technical gremlins vanquished, I’m going to do better at journalling here. Please hold me to that!
Ciao for now!